Before I get to the new changes, I want to make an announcement regarding all my current projects, books, writing, and general life. And that is I’m taking on too much and it’s affecting my productivity in a bad way. Simply put, I’m stretching my mind and available time to thin across multiple projects that I want to get done, and the result is slower productivity and more fatigue for this author. To put this in perspective, here is my current workload before writing this:
- Writing Chronicles of Eden: Season II – Act II
- Running online marketing ads and social media to keep interest in my books up
- Writing scripts for three different comics (Vale’s Tales, Alyssa’s Origin Story, and an upcoming adult manga)
- Writing the next Demons of Aether book
- Writing the next Nightworld book
- Continuing my fanfiction, Rosario Vampire: Brightest Darkness, which involves me refreshing my memory with all current events in the latest Act to continue it properly
- Designing a card game for Chronicles of Eden
- Putting together the third boxed set for Chronicles of Eden
- Updating the Chronicles of Eden Wiki
All of this on top of keeping busy with friends, family, and life, has me running on empty more often than not. And I have to place blame on myself for this. I’ve given myself more responsibilities and deadlines than I have time for. And what’s happened because of that? Progress with the next Chronicles of Eden book is behind schedule. The fanfiction isn’t making progress at all as I’m having consistently issues with all the characters from where I left off. The card game needs more testing before going into production, so far it’s incredibly imbalanced. I’m behind in updating pages that have been on the Chronicles of Eden Wiki for so long now. And frankly, I’m burning myself out trying to manage everything at a decent pace. Again, nobody to blame but myself. But I have to do something or else I’m never going to get anything done at this rate. So here is my new worklist after writing this:
- Write and finish Chronicles of Eden: Season II – Act II. It’s roughly one month away from being done as of now, sooner if I focus more time and energy on it.
- Continue keeping up with my marketing and social media updates. Part of my job as a self-publisher after all.
- Only Chronicles of Eden comics will be worked on and planned for now, however Act II takes priority.
- Finish compiling the third boxed set for Chronicles of Eden. Last two illustrations are being worked on now by the book’s artist.
- Set aside time for updating the Chronicles of Eden Wiki, especially pages that are still empty!
And that’s it. All other projects are on hold until an undetermined date. The above projects are more important and need to be finished, after all they directly tie into my living as an author and they deserve my focus right now. I’m not going to take on anymore projects until those are done. I’m not going to make more promises on finishing things that I can’t reliably handle right now. I need to free up time not only to finish those important tasks but also give me some breaks now and again. Forget my backlogs of games and movies that’s been piling up, I could just use a quiet nap or time to take a walk through the park just to unwind. Seriously, I love writing, but even I need some rest from it now and again.
As for the things I’m putting on hold, I cannot say when I will get around to them as of now. For readers of my fanfiction, I’m sure this isn’t news you wanted to hear, but I have to be upfront about it and make this call. The chapters I’ve tried writing to continue the story have been well below my standards, and I’m not going to push out a chapter just for the sake of doing so if it’s going to be a detriment to the overall story and fandom. I want to continue the story, I do miss it, but right now I honestly don’t have the time or energy to focus on it. Trying to do so is only hurting everything I want to work on and I need to accept that. I’m sorry if this disappoints any of you, but I have to do it. If not for the story’s sake, then at least for mine.
These changes are going into effect immediately, along with a few others as well. I’m going to make time to update my Facebook Group page and also keep up with tweeting quality updates and maybe a meme or two on my Twitter. I’ve also updated my Patreon page with a new reward list, with a new informative chart for everyone to easily see what they’re getting if they subscribe. An artist needs support to survive after all, and this one wants to continue writing stories for a long, long time still.
And that concludes my announcement. I hope I haven’t let anyone down by making these changes to my worklist, and if I have then I am truly sorry. I’m only one person, and I have to accept that I can only do so much at once. I hope you all understand and will continue to support me as I strive to become a better writer, author, and reliable publisher. Thank you.